Rhinoplasty is one of the most common cosmetic surgeries performed for correction of facial features. The procedure is preceded by rhinoplasty preparation.
Nose job, as rhinoplasty is also called, is generally used for issues like,
Altering the shape of nasal bridge or the tip
Increasing or reducing the nose size
Narrowing the nostrils’ opening
Correcting of birth defects or injuries
Treating breathing problems
Altering the angle between the upper lip and the nose
Rhinoplasty is considered discretionary, if it is being performed for cosmetic reasons. When performed for cosmetic reasons, the aim of the procedure is to alter the shape or size of the nose.
At Nose Job India, we can help you to get the perfect nose to suit your features. You would be surprised at how much a beautiful symmetrical nose can enhance your entire appearance!
Preparations for Rhinoplasty
There are certain aspects that need thoughtful consideration before the procedure. These aspects call for rhinoplasty preparation prior to the surgery. Step wise preparation for Rhinoplasty is explained below for your reference.
1. Our surgeons will assess your overall health and well being. If you have a cold, cough or sore throat, it is best to get it treated before the procedure. Getting a procedure under such conditions can make you more susceptible to bruising and infection.
2. If you are a regular smoker, the surgeon may ask you to stop smoking for some time. This is because smoking can make you more susceptible to chest infections, thus slowing the recovery process.
3. As the next step in rhinoplasty preparation, our surgeons will guide you stepwise through the procedure. Rhinoplasty is usually performed under general anaesthesia. This implies that you will be sedated and unconscious throughout the procedure. Very often, we recommend a stay at our hospital for a day or two after the procedure.
4. As a part of these instructions and guidelines, you would be required to fast a day before the scheduled procedure. However, this doesn’t mean that you have to starve yourself. Fasting implies not eating 6 to 7 hours before the procedure. However, sometimes our anaesthetists may allow a few sips of water up to 2-3 hours before the procedure.
5. After our anaesthetist has given his instructions, our surgeon will now give his instructions as a part of rhinoplasty preparation. He will inform you about what will happen before,after, and during the procedure.This is the time when you can ask questions and clear your doubts and queries. Askingq uestions will give you a chance to prepare yourself. You can ask about the benefits, risks involved and possible alternatives to the procedure. Being properly informed and educated allows you to make the right decision.Finally, to conclude with the process of rhinoplasty preparation, our surgeons will arrange a consultation to examine your nose to measure the size and shape. We may take pictures of your nose to make it easier to compare the results after the procedure. As the nurse prepares you for surgery, you might be asked to wear compression stockings. Doing this would avoid formation of clots in the leg veins.Depending upon the requirements, the procedure might take anywhere from 2 to 3 hours. As a matter of fact, the surgery doesn’t leave any visible marks on the nose.If a rhinoplasty surgery is not carried out properly, you could find yourself having to undergo a revision surgery to take care of the mistakes made during the first surgery. At Nose Job India, you can avoid having to do this because our surgeons are skilled and experienced.